Sunday, March 20, 2011

Counting the hours

It's almost over - March break 2011 is soon to be a thing of the past. Stuff of nightmares. 

We took the kids to the States for 3 days to relax, swim, shop and it was, well,  HORRIBLE. 

At one point we were all in the pool and visions of moving out and renting an apartment danced through my head.

They fight all the time. The first words out of their mouths upon waking are usually obscene. And now 14's favourite word is "tit" or "tits", used as a descriptive, an example would be "cold as tits" or "tired as tits."

A dialogue in progress:

14: Man, I'm tired as tits.
Me: What? Tits don't get tired. People get tired, but tits? They just hang there. Not tired.
14: Mom, you're ruining my word.
Later in the car

14: He must be rich as tits.
Me: Tits aren't rich. The person who has the tits might be rich, but tits aren't rich.
14: MOM, STOP RUINING MY WORD.

Tell me, where did I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment